Please consult the St. George campus map for building/room locations (SS = Sidney Smith Hall, 100 St. George St.). Some courses are also held at UTM campus and UTSC campus.
All courses in 2022-23 will be held in-person.
The 2022-23 draft timetable will be posted in July.
- Fall 2022 Graduate Geography Timetable
- Winter 2023 Graduate Geography Timetable
- Previous Timetables (Archive)
Course enrolment for geography courses is available online via ACORN starting on August 3, 2022. Review the full course enrolment instructions.
Geography students can consult the Selecting Courses page for info on how to choose courses, number of courses per session, courses outside the department, etc.
Course enrolment for students from other departments is available online via Acorn on August 25, 2022 (10am ET). The department does not require any forms from students outside the department – if space is available students are welcome to enroll using ACORN. If space is not available, students can add themselves to a waitlist (if there is no waitlist in Acorn it means the course is not open to students outside Geography & Planning). If your home department requires a signature in order to approve your enrolment please send the form by email to email@example.com.
Dates and Deadlines
- August 3, 2022: Course enrolment opens in ACORN
- August 25, 2022: Course enrolment opens in Acorn for students outside the department
- September 12, 2022: Start date for fall session Geography & Planning courses
- September 26, 2022: Deadline to add full-year and Fall session courses
- October 31, 2022: Deadline to withdraw from Fall session courses
- January 9, 2023: Start date for winter session Geography & Planning courses
- January 23, 2023: Deadline to add Winter session courses
- February 27, 2023: Deadline to withdraw from full-year and Winter session courses;
- May 8, 2023: Deadline to add May-to-June F section summer courses;
- May 26, 2023: Deadline to withdraw from May-to-June F section courses;
- July 10, 2023: Deadline to add July-to-August S section summer courses; and
- July 28, 2023: Deadline to withdraw from July-to-August S section courses.
The department’s Graduate Course Policies and Resources apply to all courses offered.
If you have questions about enrolment, please contact the department.
Students who wish to audit a course must obtain permission directly from the course instructor within the first week of class. Permission is subject to available space and can only be granted by the course instructor.
Only registered students at the University of Toronto may audit courses. Auditing entitles a student to attend lectures only. Students may not submit any written work, attend labs/tutorials or write tests/exams. The student will not be enrolled in the course and the course will not appear on their transcript. The department does not provide certificates of attendance.