Please consult the St. George campus map for building/room locations (SS = Sidney Smith Hall, 100 St. George St.).
At this time, we are planning for a return to in-person teaching and learning in the Fall 2023, with some limited courses in the fall session available online.
The 2023 - 24 draft timetable will be posted in July.
- Fall 2023 Graduate Planning Timetable
- Winter 2024 Graduate Planning Timetable
- Previous Timetables (Archive)
For JPG courses, the department does not require any forms from students outside the department – if space is available students are welcome to enroll using ACORN on August 25, 2023 (10am ET). If space is not available, students will be added to the enrolment waitlist. If your home department requires a signature in order to approve your enrollment please send the form by email to email@example.com (for JPG courses) or firstname.lastname@example.org (for PLA courses).
Core PLA courses are restricted to planning students only. Priority for all other PLA courses will be for students in the planning program. Students from other programs must contact the department for permission to enrol – we will consider requests starting mid-August.
Dates and Deadlines
- August 2, 2023: Course enrolment opens in ACORN
- August 25, 2023: Course enrolment opens in Acorn for students outside the department
- September 11, 2023: Start date for fall session Geography & Planning courses
- September 20, 2023: Deadline to add full-year and Fall session courses
- November 6, 2023: Deadline to withdraw from Fall session courses
- December 8, 2023: Last day of classes for Fall session courses
- January 8, 2024: Start date for winter session Geography & Planning courses
- January 22, 2024: Deadline to add Winter session courses
- February 20, 2024: Deadline to withdraw from full-year and Winter session courses;
- April 6, 2024: Last day of classes for Winter session courses
- May 3, 2024: Deadline to add May-to-June F section summer courses;
- May 13, 2024: Deadline to withdraw from May-to-June F section courses;
- July 8, 2024: Deadline to add July-to-August S section summer courses; and
- July 29, 2024: Deadline to withdraw from July-to-August S section courses.
The department’s Graduate Course Policies and Resources apply to all courses offered.
If you have questions about enrolment, please contact the department.
Students who wish to audit a course must obtain permission directly from the course instructor within the first week of class. Permission is subject to available space and can only be granted by the course instructor.
Only registered students at the University of Toronto may audit courses. Auditing entitles a student to attend lectures only. Students may not submit any written work, attend labs/tutorials or write tests/exams. The student will not be enrolled in the course and the course will not appear on their transcript. The department does not provide certificates of attendance.